What is Summer OFF “On-The-Go?”
Summer OFF “On-The-Go” is our adapted Summer OFF program to meet the current health and safety protocols due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Our message is the same, our desire to make friends, teach the Bible and connect children and families to Gospel-centered churches is the same.
What is different is how we are getting together this summer.
- We will still be in parks in Providence this Summer. Dexter Training Grounds, Sackett Street Park, Riverside Park and Onna Moniz-John Park.
- We will be handing out safe and sanitized “Fun Packs.” Each “Fun Pack” will come with a QR code and easy url to find videos of all the songs, stories and lessons we would have in the park during a typical summer.
- Socially-distanced Song and Story times. We will be offering the same songs, games, stories and fun group times at the park but in groups of 15 or less. We will have a “safe seating” area where children get to sit in their own, sanitized “Circle of Fun” while enjoying music, memory verses, interesting object lessons and Bible teaching.
- Summer OFF LIVE. Each day of Summer OFF at 2pm join us on our Facebook page for a Facebook LIVE event where we will highlight the crafts in the pack, sing songs together and enjoy a Bible basic’s story.
Follow Us on Facebook
What is Summer OFF?
Summer OFF is an open, day-camp style program in collaboration with the summer meals program in Providence and surrounding cities.
The “OFF” stands for “Outreach, Friends, and Faith.” “Outreach” because we have an important message about Jesus Christ to bring to anyone who may not have heard it. “Friends” because we care about you as a person and want to be your friend. “Faith” because understanding who God is and what He has done for you is the most important thing about you.
Goal #1: Making New Friends and Building Relationships
Our first priority with Summer OFF is always people. Given our culture’s mistrust towards the church as a whole, we choose going out into public parks to get to know people first. The beauty of the park is its transparency. Everything we do is visible and honest. We have nothing to hide and everything to share through the Gospel. We don’t want Summer OFF to be a “single-use” experience but rather the starting line of marathon of life together in a gospel-centered church.
Goal #2: Teaching Bible Truths
Learning about Christianity can be confusing, so we start with the basics. By providing basic, simple Bible teaching — through skits, visual demonstrations, stories, songs, games, and basic rehearsal of the gospel and of Bible verses each day during Summer OFF — we are doing the exciting work of introducing knowledge of the Bible to people who may not know because they have not heard.
We start with 4 Big Ideas to get started in a relationship with Jesus Christ:
- God wants us to know Him!
- We all have sin and need God to help us!
- We all need Jesus to take our sin so we can be with God!
- We live like Jesus to know Him more!
Goal #3: Sharing the Gospel Through Fun Experiences, Teaching, and Purposeful Conversations
The gospel is in everything we do. Each activity is purposefully designed to provide an opportunity to hear the good news of Jesus, to teach a truth about God, or to engage someone in an honest, spiritual conversation. We want to share the message of the love of Christ with each person who participates in the program.
Goal #4: Connecting Children and Their Families With a Gospel-Centered Church in Their Area
Summer OFF is only a four-day program, but it’s only a starting point for getting children and their families connected long-term at a local, Gospel-centered church. We purposefully place Summer OFF at parks that are within a manageable distance of where our partnering churches meet, to encourage families to be connected within their own neighborhood and community.
Get in Touch
If you would like to know more about Summer OFF, please contact us below.